Not only are sweet potatoes readily available, inexpensive, and delicious, there are many other reasons to love these yummy vegetable tubers. Here are two:
1. They are a good source of Vitamin C which helps accelerate wound healing, produces collagen which helps maintain skin’s youthful elasticity.
2. They contain Vitamin D which plays an important role in our energy levels, moods, and helps to build healthy bones, heart, nerves, skin, and teeth.
Ingredients - Paleo Chicken Nuggets
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour (I use Honeyville brand)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 4-6 tbsp of coconut oil
Ingerdients - Savory Sweet Potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes diced
- 1 teaspoon of melted coconut oil or butter
- 1/4 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon of cinnamon
- sea salt and pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 375°F and prepare all of your ingredients. Let's begin with the sweet potatoes.
Peel the skin off the sweet potatoes.
Chop them into 1-inch pieces. watch video
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, toss the sweet potato pieces with the melted coconut oil or butter, coating them evenly. watch video
Then add the spice blend to the sweet potatoes, and toss again to spread the spices evenly.
Place the potatoes evenly on a baking sheet.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender. While we wait let's make the chicken nuggets!
Wash and dry the chicken breasts. Then cut the chicken breasts into nugget shapes. Or dinosaur shapes if you have excellent knife skills... I stuck with nugget shape. watch video
In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk the two eggs together and set aside. In another medium sized mixing bowl combine the almond flour, coconut flour and seasonings and stir with a fork to combine and break apart any clumps.
One by one, dip the nuggets into the egg mixture and then the almond flour mixture, making sure to coat all sides thoroughly. Place the nuggets on plate while you finish coating the rest. watch video
Heat the coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Place the nuggets in the pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown (you may have to cook in two batches because you don't want them touching each other).
I typically cut the thickest nugget to check and make sure it’s cooked thoroughly.
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce (we love organic ketchup + honey) and enjoy!